Last Fall, Canon announced that an exciting new firmware update for 5D Mark III would be coming out this year. The news of the new firmware was so exciting because it allows the Mark III to send out uncompressed HDMI output.
The new Canon 5D Mark III Firmware 1.2.1 can be downloaded here.
All Stray Angel 5D Mark III’s will have the new update for rentals.
Other improvements of the new update include:
- Uncompressed HDMI output is now enabled
- Enables the center AF point to autofocus when the camera is used with Canon EF lens/extender combinations whose combined maximum aperture f/8
- Improves the speed of camera’s acquisition of focus when using a Canon Speedlite’s AF-assist beam
- 4. Fixes a phenomenon in which the LCD monitor may freeze and display Err 70 or Err 80 when a still photo is taken during Live View or in movie shooting mode.
- 5. Fixes a phenomenon that may occur when the continuous shooting priority setting is enabled for multiple exposures, such that, after the sixth image is taken, there is a slight pause before the remainder of the sequence is completed.
- 6. Fixes a phenomenon in which the viewfinder display shows incorrect information during AEB shooting.
- 7. Communication with the WFT-E7 Wireless File Transmitter has been improved.
- 8. When images have been successfully transferred with the WFT-E7 Wireless File Transmitter through the FTP protocol, an “O” will be displayed. When images have not been successfully transferred with the WFT-E7 Wireless File Transmitter through the FTP protocol, an “X” will be displayed.
- 9. Fixes a phenomenon in which the camera may not function properly when an Eye-Fi card is used.
- 10. Fixes a phenomenon in which the focal length value listed in the Exif information is not displayed correctly for images shot with the EF 24-70mm F4L IS USM lens.
- 11. Fixes a phenomenon in which the lens firmware cannot be updated properly.
- 12. Corrects errors in the Arabic language menu.
- 13. Fixes a phenomenon in which the camera changes the AF microadjustment value to -8.
- 14. Fixes a phenomenon in which the on-screen guidance cannot be fully displayed when setting the maximum limit value for the “Setting the ISO Speed Range for Auto ISO” option.