We visited NAB in Vegas this past week and the first two things we checked out were the new Blackmagic URSA and Blackmagic Studio Cameras. We were excited to see these cameras up close and learn more about their specs. If you weren’t able to attend NAB and want to learn more about the new Blackmagic cameras, watch our videos below.
Here’s what we currently know about the Blackmagic URSA specs:
- Super 24 Global Shutter 4K CMOS Sensor
- Up to 60fps in HD and 4K
- 12 Stops Of Dynamic Range
- Comes in 3 mounts – EF, PL, or no mount for use as a recorder
- Records to CFast Cards
- 3 Screens – (1) Fold-out 10″ monitor and (2) smaller 5″ Monitors
- SDI Video Output: 1 x 12G-SDI 10-bit 4:2:2. 1 x 3G-SDI down converted for external monitoring
- Ship Date: July (so says Blackmagic, but if so it would be the first camera they were on time with)
- Price: Staring at $5,995
The Blackmagic Studio camera comes in two versions, HD and 4K. They both feature a Micro Four Thirds mount, 10” full HD viewfinders, built-in fiber optic connections, as well as built-in talk back for studio communication. The Blackmagic Studio cameras are designed to be used for any type of live event streaming such as broadcasts, concerts, church services, etc.
Both cameras are said to begin shipping this July.