This past week at IBC, Arri has announced a brand new camera, the AMIRA. This camera takes the exact same sensor as the ALEXA, but put it in an ENG/Documentary style body.
Here are the AMIRA specs:
- Super 35mm 16:9 Sensor (Same Exact Sensor as Other 16:9 ALEXAs)
- 2K/1080 Rec 709/Log C using ProRes LT, 422, 422HQ, or 444 codecs
- Up to 200fps
- Records to CFast 2.0 (New Compact Flash card standard)
- 1280 x 1024 OLED Viewfinder and Separate LCD Monitor
- Internal ND filters
- 4-Channel PCM Audio: 48KHz 24-bit
- Selectable 3D LUTs can be recorded
- Interchangeable Lens Mounts: PL, PL Broadcast, B4, and Canon EF
- Shipping: Expected Spring/Early Summer 2014
Check out the features tour video that Arri released:
And the AMIRA showreel:
ARRI has not yet announced the price of the AMIRA, but it is rumored that it will be much less than the ALEXA. That doesn’t tell us too much, but we do plan on having an AMIRA available for rent when it is released. We will update the AMIRA product page on our site when it is available.