It seems that every week multiple new digital cameras pop up on the scene. With so many coming out, it’s becoming harder to make a “buzz-worthy” camera. However, every once in a while something like Kinefinity’s new Mini S35 camera comes out and makes you take notice.
Even though the KineRAW mini looks almost suspiciously like a RED designed camera, it will probably be competing more with the Blackmagic Cinema Camera.
Here are the currently known specs for the camera:
- Super 35mm CMOS Sensor
- 12-bit Uncompressed CinemaDNG (Cineform is optional to a recorder they don’t make yet)
- 2048 x 1080 // 1920 x 1080 // 1280 x 720
- One 2.5″ SSD Slot
- ISO: 80-10,240 — Base of ISO 800
- Dynamic Range: 11.5 Stops
- Electronic Canon or Interchangeable Kinefinity Mount
- Monitoring: 720p with 2 HDMI Outputs
- Optional Handgrip with Battery
At the time of writing, the Mini S35 will be priced under $6,000, likely somewhere between $3,000-$5,000. Not bad!
Watch this KineRaw S35 Video if you’re interested in learning more: