Panasonic has announced a new 35mm 4K Varicam that will be shown this year at NAB. The new Varicam 35 will be competing in the high-end cinema market, along with RED, ARRI, and Canon. It definitely has some impressive specs, including 4K RAW recording with frame rates up to 120fps.
Here’s what Steve Cooperman, Product Manager at Panasonic, had to say about the new Varicam:
“Evoking the VariCam heritage of gorgeous, cinematic image rendition, this VariCam 35 establishes new standards for 4K production. With its expanse of formats ranging from flawless 4K RAW output to more practical 4K, UHD, 2K and HD capture, the VariCam 35 represents a matchless option for premier digital capture.”
The current Panasonic 4K Varicam 35 Specs (as we know them):
- Price: TBA (Panasonic says under $100K, over $10K. Very helpful.)
- Release Date: Fall 2014
- 4096 x 2160 4K 35mm MOS sensor
- PL mount
- 14+ Stops of Dynamic Range (Panasonic Says this was measured in RAW)
- Variable speed 4k recording up to 120fps
- AVC-ULTRA in multiple formats including 4K, UHD, 2K and HD.
- OLED viewfinder with optical eyepiece magnification
- Two expressP2 card slots
- Two microP2 card slots
- Four 3G-HD-SDI Outputs for 4K QUAD
- Two 3G-HD-SDI Outputs for RAW
- HD-SDI out for monitoring
- Two XLR inputs can record four channels of 24-bit, 48KHz audio
We’re very excited to learn more about the Panasonic Varicam 35 this year at NAB!
*With the camera officially released, if you’re interested in more information on how to rent the Panasonic Varicam LT, email firstname.lastname@example.org, give us a call or stop in for a demo. We’d love to see you!